PRESIDENT’S SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AWARDS TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF PARTICIPATION CAREFULLY
- The President’s Science and Technology Awards (“PSTA”) are the highest honours bestowed on exceptional research scientists and engineers in Singapore for their excellent achievements in science and technology. PSTA is a national initiative hosted by the National Research Foundation, Singapore (“NRF”). Details of the PSTA and each award, namely the President’s Science and Technology Medal (“PSTM”), President’s Science Award (“PSA”) and President’s Technology Award (“PTA”), are available on the PSTA website at https://www.psta.gov.sg (the “Website”).
- PSTA’s appointed panel(s) of judges will, at its sole discretion, determine which PSA, PTA, and/or PSTM nominees (the “Nominees”) are granted the respective awards.
- To be considered for any PSTA award, each nomination shall contain the completed documents and information as required under each award, as indicated by the instructions on the nomination page and submitted through the nomination page. No other methods of submission will be accepted.
- NRF and the PSTA Secretariat shall not be responsible for PSTA award submission documents which are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including any electronic, computer or communication malfunction or error, or the inability to access the Website or any website associated with the PSTA awards.
- All nominations/applications shall indicate all required personal particulars of the nominator and nominee accurately in the relevant submission documents. Any such documents with incomplete or invalid details will be disqualified.
- Submitted nominations with content deemed as irrelevant or offensive by NRF, the PSTA Secretariat or the PSTA judging panel(s) will at their sole discretion, be removed and rendered disqualified.
- By participating in the PSTA awards through submitting/consenting to be nominated, the Nominee shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by all these PSTA Terms of Participation set out herein, which are made available at the Website. NRF/the PSTA Secretariat shall have the sole discretion at any time to postpone or change any date or venue, or to revise any rules, terms and/or conditions relating to the PSTA awards, including the Terms of Participation, by posting the same on the Website and the Nominees shall be bound by any such revisions. If the PSTA awards is, for any reason whatsoever, not capable of proceeding as planned, NRF/PSTA Secretariat reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, postpone, or modify the PSTA awards without assigning any reason.
PSTA Awards Nomination Period
- PSTA awards submission begins on the Submission Start Date and ends on the Submission End Date stated under each award at the Awards Page of the Website. NRF/PSTA Secretariat reserves the right to extend the deadline for submission if required and also reserves the right not to consider any late submissions.
- The PSTA awards is open to participation by all persons falling within the criteria set out in the award description for each award under the Awards Page of the Website.
- NRF/PSTA Secretariat/PSTA judging panel(s) reserves the right to verify the validity of submissions at any time, and shall have the sole discretion for any reason to reject or disqualify any submission, any Nominee, and any awardee without assigning any reason where NRF/PSTA Secretariat/PSTA judging panel(s), in its sole discretion, suspects any misconduct, wrongdoing or impropriety by any such Nominee.
- A panel of judges invited by NRF/PSTA Secretariat to be on this panel will be appointed to evaluate the submissions for each award. The panels of judges (whose decision is final) shall decide on the awardees of each PSTA award.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Each Nominee acknowledges and hereby warrants that (i) it is the sole author and owner of all rights, title and interest subsisting in their submitted PSTA nominations/applications (including intellectual property rights); and (ii) their submitted PSTA nominations/applications do not contain any confidential information and do not infringe any third party’s privacy or intellectual property rights.
- Each Nominee shall retain any intellectual property rights subsisting in their PSTA submission. However, each Nominee hereby agrees to grant NRF/PSTA Secretariat/PSTA judging panels an irrevocable, perpetual, fully paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, display, broadcast, modify, summarise and communicate their respective PSTA submission(s) to the public and to any entities on any and all media whatsoever, for any purpose whatsoever, including (but not limited to) featuring them in websites or other media for publicity or educational purposes.
- Each Nominee consents to participate in the publicity activities of NRF/PSTA Secretariat in relation to the PSTA awards or for other future publicity without any payment or compensation thereof.
- Each Nominee consents to the public disclosure of his/her name, photographs, personal data and other details as provided in the PSTA submissions, as the case may be, for administering the PSTA awards and for publicity purposes. Each Nominee consents to the use of any data provided by such Nominee or its nominator for any future publicity effort by NRF/PSTA Secretariat or by any third party acting on behalf of NRF/PSTA Secretariat, without any payment or compensation thereof. Such use includes, but is not limited to the following purposes:
- operating, administering and promoting the PSTA awards;
- dsplaying the Nominee’s PSTA submission on any media (including social media platforms) or
- community space; and
- for the issuing of any media release or media pitches with the PSTA submission.
- NRF/PSTA Secretariat will exercise reasonable care in handling the entries submitted. However, they will not be liable for any loss of entries.
- NRF/PSTA Secretariat shall not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any technical or other error, delay, or unavailability of the Website that may occur in relation to the PSTA awards. Neither shall NRF/PSTA Secretariat be responsible for any damage caused to Nominees (and each of them) as a result of accessing, obtaining or receiving any information or other material from the Website.
- NRF/PSTA Secretariat does not make any express or implied representation or warranty as to anything associated with the PSTA awards.
- Each Nominee (including his or her heirs, parents, legal guardians, executor and/or administrators) hereby agrees to be fully liable to NRF/PSTA Secretariat/PSTA judging panels and their officers, employees and agents for claim relating to their PSTA submissions, including any violation of confidentiality, patent, copyright or any other intellectual property rights in the photographs and materials submitted and shall defend, indemnify and hold NRF and each of their officers, employees and agents thereof harmless from and against any such actions, claims, loss or damages.
- Save for death or personal injuries caused by negligence, in no event shall NRF/PSTA Secretariat/PSTA judging panels whether as a breach of contract, tort or otherwise, be liable to Nominees (and each of them) or to a third party for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential damages, loss of profits or pure economic loss.
- The decision of NRF/PSTA Secretariat/PSTA judging panels on all matters relating to the Competition, including the eligibility of Nominees and the selection of the winners, is final and no correspondence on such matters will be entertained.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms of Participation shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of these Terms of Participation.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms of Participation and any brochures, marketing or promotional materials relating to the PSTA awards, these Terms of Participation, and all its subsequent variations, shall prevail.
- These Terms of Participation and all its subsequent variations shall be subject to, and governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, and all Nominees hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in the determination of any dispute arising in connection with the PSTA awards.